Monday, August 6, 2012

For she lacks feeling


Digital Sketch of an idea inspired by Ingrid.
It wasn't until I was hanging out with Ingrid, when I realize Hello Kitty lacked expression. I use to draw characters for Ingrid, so she can apply color or design to her favorite cartoons. Her favorite character of all was Hello Kitty. Every instance I drew Hello Kitty for her, she would draw a  shape underneath her nose that represented a smile, and sometimes, a frown. ISometimes it was decorous with form and color, and sometimes it would be a line, but enough to give Hello Kitty a personality of her own, rather than a lifeless face.  By instinct, she wasn't comfortable with her cherished cat lacking a mouth. Anyway, that's where the idea derived, but this is actually about my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment