Sunday, August 5, 2012

Video & Sound at Wildlife Divide


Here's Benton at Fletcher Canyon during the Experimental Video & Sound Workshop by David Sanchez Burr. It was a pleasant treat to get out of this city and experiment with video and audio. I walked around for almost three hours on my own trying to find the rhythm and patterns of the landscape. I even had a chance to meditate, but it wasn't long until the silence was intruded by fellow hikers. I didn't mind though, the space wasn't mine to begin with.

I was deeply concentrated with my surroundings that when a jolly older gentlemen came up to me and asked if I wanted a picture of myself, I stuttered and fumbled out, "I'm not myself today." He blushed and silently walked away as confused as I was. Awkwardness is contagious.



When you're out there trying to find something else outside from what is already there, sometimes wolves comes out of trees. I needed that fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment